Saturday, June 24, 2023

To Kate

 “You are my Sunshine…”

Always were,

Always will be.


When you were little

Your golden hair

And radiant smile

Made ME smile

In my heart 

And on my face.


Your wit and humor

(So Smith-like)

Your insight into people

(So Cooke-like)

Made me proud.


You love for Creation

And all it’s critters

Great and small

Filled me with joy.


When you were wounded

With a deadly hurt

I grieved with you

As one who had lost

A beloved friend.


Sturgill put words to your pain

And mine

I would sit listening to him

With tears streaming

For you.


When we wounded you

The pain was even greater

Joined with fear

That we had lost you

And the Sunshine was gone

Forever…

Forever.


But, the memories of touch

And affirming words

Of plains and mountains 

Of discoveries and wonders

Held…Held

And, we returned to one another

Wiser and more grateful

Than before.


You are

You have been

You shall always be

My Sunshine 

“You make me happy when skies are gray”

And…

When they are Not!


Love,

Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment